Please join me in contacting Mattel who is marketing a ‘Burqa Barbie Doll’ for the children’s charity “Save the Children”. Some questions I have for Mattel regarding Burqa Barbie:
- Does she come with stones?
- Does her head come off?
- Does she come with a tiny vial of acid?
- Does she need to be accompanied by a man in order to leave the store?
- Who gets flogged if she takes her Burqa off in public? Doll? Or child?
- Since Burqa Barbie lives in an isolation chamber and never gets vitamin D from the sun, can I return her when she gets ill?
- Does Burqa Barbie come in a cage rather than a box?
- Who arranges Burqa Barbie’s marriage?
- If Burqa Barbie is honored killed do I get a refund?
- And when does Jihadist Ken come on the market?
- How do I keep Burqa Barbie separated from Doctor Barbie, Pilot Barbie and Astronaut Barbie? I certainly don’t want Burqa Barbie to get any ideas, because next thing she will be asking for and education or her own Barbie car, and we all know women cannot operate a car because they are too stupid besides they can’t see where they are driving.
Please copy these questions to ‘Save the Children’ and ask what were they thinking in using this slave doll as a means to generate money for children?
Mattel Children’s Foundation
333 Continental Blvd. Mail Stop: M1-1418El
Segundo, CA 90245
333 Continental Boulevard
El Segundo, CA 90245-5012
Save the Children US Headquarters:
54 Wilton Road
Westport, CT 06880
203) 221-4030 (8:00AM – 5:00PM EDT)
(800) 728-3843 (8:00AM – 5:00PM EDT)
2000 L Street NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20036
202-640-6600 (8:00AM – 5:00PM EDT)
Filed under: Domestic Violence, Feminism, Misogyny/Sexism, Sexist Advertising, The Majority United, Uncategorized, Violence against women, Women's Rights Tagged: | Burqa Barbie, Mattel, Mattel Children's Foundation, Save the Children